Doctors & Credentials
Will I have to see any other doctor at the practice besides Dr. Margarita Ochoa-Maya?
- No. Dr. Ochoa-Maya is the sole practitioner.
Where did Dr. Ochoa-Maya receive her medical education?
- Dr. Ochoa-Maya graduated from Instituto de Ciencia de la Salud, CES in Medellin, Colombia.
- She completed her Internal Medicine Residency at Boston City Hospital/Boston Medical Center affiliated with Boston University.
- She then completed a fellowship in Endocrinology and Metabolism at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and a fellowship in Research Medicine at Harvard Medical School.
What are Dr. Ochoa-Maya’s credentials?
- Dr. Ochoa-Maya is a Doctor of Medicine (MD) and a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE).
What does Dr. Ochoa-Maya specialize in?
- Dr. Ochoa-Maya is Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in the field of Internal Medicine and in the field of Hypertension, Endocrinology and Metabolism. Endocrinology is the prevention, diagnosis and management of disorders of the organs whose primary function is hormone secretion. These organs include the pituitary, thyroid, adrenals, ovaries, testes and pancreas. Metabolism is determined by the amount of energy, or calories, your body will use to maintain itself. Inflammation is the activation of the immune system to attack itself and is the source of possible autoimmune disease.
- Dr. Ochoa-Maya has special interest and has extensively studied Integrative Nutrition
- Dr. Ochoa-Maya has a special interest in Psychology, Sexology, and Sociology
- Dr. Ochoa-Maya has a special interest in Energy Medicine
- Dr. Ochoa-Maya has special interest in Private Medical Investigation
Is Advanced Health and Wellbeing currently accepting new patients?
- Yes. Please call us at 603-606-1611.
Do you handle men’s health?
What is telemedicine?
- Telemedicine is a rapidly developing application of clinical medicine where medical information is transferred through interactive audiovisual media for the purpose of consulting, and sometimes remote medical procedures or examinations.
Can I call Advanced Health and Wellbeing for an emergency?
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, you should call 911 or get to a hospital immediately. If you are admitted to the hospital, you can ask them to contact Dr. Margarita Ochoa-Maya for you.
What happens if I have an urgent problem and the office is closed? Is there someone on call?
- For emergency situations, call 911 or get to a hospital immediately. If it’s an urgent situation during non-office hours, you should contact your primary care physician (PCP), or consult Dr. Ochoa-Maya during regular business hours. If you need to speak to Dr. Ochoa-Maya during off hours, you can access her cell phone. Cell phone is 603-801-3681.
Do you perform all services right in your office?
- No, under special circumstances Dr. Ochoa-Maya can make a house call. If there is a condition that requires Dr. Ochoa-Maya to come to you, please call the office for more information.
If I need to go to the hospital, will you be able to consult on my care?
- No. Dr. Ochoa-Maya does not have the ability to see you at the hospital, but we can schedule a visit as soon as you are discharged and we can review the situation together and generate a wellness plan.
Am I required to pay at the time of service?
- Yes, you are required to pay at the time of service. Please contact the office about our fees. You may discuss payment options with the staff. If you have insurance, you may submit a claim on your own behalf. Please be aware that your insurance may or may not reimburse you for your visit. For payments, you can use cash, or credit cards, or use your Health Savings Account (HAS), Flex Spending Account (FSA). We also can generate a payment plan for you. At the end of the year, we can provide our patients with a report for tax purposes if you request it.
Do you accept cash, and credit cards?
What about Medicaid and Medicare?
- We are not currently enrolled with Medicaid or Medicare or any other insurance company.
What if I do not have insurance?
- Please call our office to inquire about prices.
Location & Hours
How do I make an appointment?
- To make an appointment, please call the office at 603-606-1611.
Is there off street parking at the office?
- Yes. There is a large private lot dedicated to our building.
I am a current patient of Dr. Ochoa-Maya. May I provide a testimonial?
- Of course! We always appreciate the support of our valued patients. If you would like to share your thoughts about Dr. Ochoa-Maya, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with patient testimonial in the subject line. If you give us feedback we will happily post it if you allow us to do so. Please mention it on the email.
I live out-of-state; can I still become a patient?
- Yes. Telemedicine is a growing field and the current laws are not clear with regards to practicing via telemedicine and how they apply to licensing boards. Dr. Ochoa-Maya has a medical license in New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and the state of Florida.
- An official first face to face visit is necessary before having the opportunity to enroll in our TELEMEDICINE program. If a new prescription may be needed, a face to face appointment is necessary.
- THE PRO’S OF TELEMEDICINE: The visit is on ‘your time’ and we can communicate via telephone or the computer. It is meant for follow ups and review of laboratories.
- THE CON’S OF TELEMEDICINE: It is still somewhat more impersonal compared to the official face to face visit, and there is no physical examination involved.
- We offer a 30 minute and 60 minute follow up teleconference
- Please contact our office for more information
Where can I find Dr. Ochoa-Maya’s blog?
- Please visit www.freedomtoheal.org for a wealth of interesting, educational posts that relate to hormones, health and prevention.
¿Habla usted español?
- Sí. La Doctora Ochoa-Maya habla español con fluidez.