For women, it is crucial to have a broad, integrative approach to their health care. Advanced Health and Wellbeing, PC weaves together the latest knowledge and cutting edge research in the traditional medical world, with other integrative approaches.
Advanced Health and Wellbeing, PC emphasizes the importance of nutrition as the foundation for health. We incorporate nutritional strategies that consist of individualized meal plans based on your personal choices and taste, with designer nutrition. We can provide our patients with an array of specialized testing that can address and measure reproductive hormones, adrenal hormones, micronutrient levels and function, toxicity, food allergies and gut function, neurotransmitter levels, among other tests. These results provide individualized road maps for the repletion of deficiencies using lifestyle interventions, herbal and other dietary supplements, as well as prescription medications including bio-identical hormone therapy when needed.
Collaboration is the key at Advanced Health and Wellbeing, PC. We collaborate with colleagues in the field of Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nutrition, Naturopathy, Chiropractic Care, Massage, Acupuncture, Manual Medicine and Energy Medicine to provide our female patients with an unparalleled experience that practices comprehensive integrative care.
Advanced Health and Wellbeing, PC understands the importance of listening to each woman’s complaints, and realizes that connecting the mind, the spirit and soul with the body and its mechanics and biology is necessary to address complex and sometimes confusing complaints that women may have for years yet not addressed due to their multifaceted nature.
We consider each woman’s perspective on health, wellbeing, aging, spirituality and sexuality at Advanced Health and Wellbeing, PC. When taking these perspectives and pairing them with proper and direct interventions, we can have individualized and integrative approaches to prevent and treat the following:
1. Female obesity related to hormonal imbalance during puberty, pregnancy, post-partum, peri-menopause and menopause
2. Pregnancy related issues such as gestational diabetes, and pregnancy related hypertension
3. Female hormone specific issues such as endometriosis, irregular menstrual bleeding, female infertility, polycystic ovarian disease, fibroids, pre-menstrual syndrome, pre-menstrual dysphoric disorder, pregnancy related issues such as gestational diabetes and pregnancy related hypertension
4. Medical problems that are more prevalent in women when compared to men such as thyroid disease, gallbladder disease, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue
5. Medical problems usually more severe in women as compared to men such as cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Multiple sclerosis, depression, anxiety, and cancer, are also in the top of the list for women.
Advanced Health and Wellbeing, PC is proud to provide leadership during this time of healthcare change, and provides traditional values with a contemporary approach to medicine. Dr. Margarita Ochoa-Maya, MD demonstrates the importance of the doctor-patient relationship by embracing healing modalities that go beyond practical care, by motivating patients, providing education and self-awareness, while fully understanding the spiritual dimensions of healing.