At Advanced Health and Wellbeing, PC we offer micronutrient testing. We use several tests that will address micronutrient deficiencies, and the one we like the most is from SpectraCell Laboratories, Inc (www.SpectraCell.com). SpectraCell lab developed an exclusive, patented test that measures the function of 33 selected micronutrients within the white blood cell and evaluates how well a person’s body absorbs and utilizes each nutrient. It also gives you an antioxidant score and an immune profile score which gives insight into the person’s immune status. The test uses active peripheral lymphocytes and measures the end point of DNA synthesis to reflect the nutrient status of the individual over the past 4-8 months. The test measures how micronutrient and antioxidants are actually functioning within the white blood cells and reflects the total metabolic function rather than isolated biochemical pathways.
MICRONUTRIENTS THAT CAN BE MEASURED IN THE LABORATORY:
- Vitamins: Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Biotin, Folate and Panthothenate
- Minerals: Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese, Zinc, Copper
- Aminoacids: Asparginine, Glutamine, Serine
- Antioxidants: Alpha Lipoic acid, Coenzyme Q10, Cysteine, Glutathione, Selenium, Vitamin E
- Carbohydrate Metabolism: Chromium, Fructose sensitivity, Glucose-insulin metabolism
- Fatty acids: Oleic Acids
- Metabolites: Choline, Inositol, Carnitine
This analysis can reveal a person’s functional nutrient status over the lifespan of the white cell, and not plain serum in which the cells are swimming, therefore a meaningful measurement of nutritional status. The result will provide you with your unique and individualized suggested repletion plan based on the micronutrients the body needs to reduce your risk of chronic diseases and live a healthy life, promote wellness and anti-aging.